A total package to help Telecom manage their ups systems
Opus has an ongoing agreement to provide consultancy services to Telecom NZ associated with both AC and DC power systems and air conditioning projects.
Telecom NZ has an increasing need for UPS systems associated with data centres and communication equipment. This has resulted in many of the existing systems reaching capacity.
We have an ongoing agreement to provide consultancy services to Telecom NZ associated with both AC and DC power systems and air conditioning projects.
The total package we provide for Telecom’s UPS systems includes:
- Identifying the requirements associated with each installation type
- Assessing building loads and growth requirements to determine appropriate UPS equipment and modularity
- Designing switchboards to enable connection of multiple UPS units
- Assessing UPS distribution board requirements, location, sizing and cabling
- Identifying areas requiring transformer isolation for separation of DC and AC systems and associated earth paths
- Pre-development and detailed design reports associated with building and space requirements
- Structural analysis of buildings to cater for battery and UPS weight loading limitations
- Designing seismic support systems for switchboards and battery systems to meet strict New Zealand and Telecom seismic codes.
In the course of this work we have provided a range of services including pre-development reports, acting as contract engineer, administering contracts and evaluating and certifying payment claims, routine inspections during construction, supervising commissioning and testing the completed installation.